Thursday, May 3, 2012

Wonderful Little Things...

I have nothing of interest going on so I wanted to tell you about something/someone that interests me…

A few months back I met Courtney, of Wonderful Little Things.  I was on Craigslist hunting for the perfect seating to use in my home studio and she was selling this attractive, simple daybed that I just had to get my grubby mitts on.  Which I did.  In the process I not only gained some seriously kick ass seating, but also met a fellow creative cat and that just bumped the whole deal up to Awesome.

Courtney has an Etsy shop featuring several of her hand-painted ceramic dishes (multi-purpose – what!), a couple hand painted wood frames, and a hand painted pendant.  The point is everything is hand-painted.  My favorite bit is not only are the paintings free hand, but they have a mehndi look to them and, really, when does that ever go wrong in home décor?  It doesn't, that's when.

Because I can be somewhat of a tightwad, I enjoy reasonably priced…everything.  Her items are really reasonably priced (possibly under, in my opinion).  The bases are structurally unique on their own, so having ornate designs well placed on top really makes for attractive pieces.

Earlier this year, Courtney began collaborating with Green Market Girl on Eco Cuffs.  Courtney's designs appear in the Muse collection and adorn these eco-friendly, attractive, and well priced wrist cuffs.  Love it!

So, while you're surfing the webs, hop over to each link I posted and see what's up – I kinda, sorta think you're going to dig what you see…

[tags handmade, small business, business, decoration, decor, jewelry, bracelets, eco, paint, design, art, green, mehndi]

No comments:

Post a Comment