Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Calamity brings calm, conversation reaches crux...

Complications occur which brings about the birth of a new, lesser, calamity. 
 
That entire string from title to first sentence occurred from around my last post in November until today, December 7th.  I had to leave town because of a serious family illness.  Family member is on the mend, sans 1 lung, and a calm occurred.  I had a conversation with a different family member which became a sort of "Well someone [me] has to say something!" ordeal which, of course, causes complications and disaster!  Temporary disaster.  Completely avoidable temporary disaster. 
 
These life events have always derailed me.  In the past I would have been out of order for an undetermined (far too long) amount of time, but I have worked at getting myself to a point where I'm not really hindered for more than a few days to a week.  Progress.  There are a variety of factors that aid in this, not the least of which being a distance of approx. 500 miles between me and the area of destruction (the home, not the area of destruction that resides within myself).
 
When my psyche-train runs off the tracks, my home, work, and play are soon to follow.  Since I'm updating this blog today and have managed to get quite a bit of housecleaning and laundry done since my return this past weekend, I would say that I'm several steps ahead of where I worried I would be and am quite thrilled to be here.  Hopefully tomorrow I can get started on something...anything!
 
While I was home, I saw a few pictures hanging up in my parents' living room that I didn't notice, but were mine.  One I remembered giving to my little brother because, for whatever reason, he really really wanted it.  This is that:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment