Friday, October 7, 2011

Slacka!

I am a slacker! Procrastinator, excuse-maker, etc... I was hoping it hadn't been more than a couple of weeks since I updated with fresh work/posts, but it has. WAY more. I'm ashamed.

I haven't really been accomplishing much as far as quantity. I have, however, finished a drawing that I attempted 3 times before. I suppose 4th time's the charm. As usual there are several potential titles flying through my head, but at least this time there is a theme: "Dinner".

My goal with this one was to get our female's face and hands to emotionally match. I think I've achieved it. When I asked J.D. what his thoughts were, he said "Love" and I was happy.

I'm still having some problems with background. I really like using chalk pastels for backgrounds. I like the effect it offers the picture and overall feel. I'm just not always confident in my choice of colors. This one, though...it might be okay.

Time for dinner.




No comments:

Post a Comment