Monday, January 30, 2012

The Sketchbook Project 2012...

Has gone the way of The Fiction Project.

This is Procrastinator 2: (Putting Off) Judgment Day. In this version, everyone (including Terminators) plops down on the sofa and nothing gets accomplished because they're too busy watching American Dad and eating hummus with crackers. No one dies and Linda Hamilton doesn't develop arms that could break Chuck Norris in two. Nope.

I should now tell you that I started writing this post on Saturday (2 days ago). On Saturday I was under the impression that my Sketchbook Project had to be post-marked by January 21st. Clearly I missed that, so I did what I typically do every time I feel defeated: I give up and internally give my self a "talking-to" about why I suck and how I need to take a course on the Meaning of Time and How it Works, or something like that.

Pouting, I opened Opera and headed over to the Art House Co-op to check out the other artists and see what was going on with them, and pout some more. When I did that, I saw a date: January 31st!  I realized that I originally misread it (I do this frequently - numbers don't look like they're supposed to in my head) and I still had time!!!! Yesterday, I whipped out a bunch of drawings that don't make one bit of sense and finished the Sketchbook Project. Today I put the book in a bubble sleeve, weighed it, slathered it with stamps, and shoved it in the mail-hole. Fingers crossed that the postage on USPS is correct!

Woohoo!  This might be the first time I have completed something within the time frame I am given!  I would celebrate, but I have to go watch It's Always Sunny so I'll celebrate later...

No comments:

Post a Comment